Disclosure: I received this complimentary product through the Homeschool Review Crew.
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”Jim Ryun
Sixty-six. That’s the average number of days it takes for a new behavior to become automatic. That’s quite a bit longer from the 21 days I’ve heard all my life. What ever the magic number is, who really knows? What I do know is that habit trackers are helpful in forming new habits, and building healthy habits are important. Recently, I had the opportunity to check out a set of Healthy Habit Trackers from American Coaching Academy. Let’s take a look!
What are Healthy Habit Trackers?
For this informative review, I received a set of 12 digital downloadable Healthy Habit Trackers from American Coaching Academy. The monthly challenges are designed to help families build healthy habits and make fitness fun. Each challenge sheet has a different theme. Most themes are centered around exercise, but there are also trackers for healthy habits such as hygiene, diet, and overall well-being. The challenges include:
- Muscular Endurance – This circuit includes wall sits, running in place, high plank, crab bridge, and wall push-ups.
- Household Chores – Lend a hand! Tasks include things like making the bed, washing the dishes, setting the table, taking out the trash, and walking the dog.
- Healthy Body – build healthy habits such as drinking water, playing outside, brushing teeth, washing hands, stretching, and sleep.
- Kindness – It’s cool to be kind! Exercise giving someone a compliment, a hug, holding the door open, and more.
- Nutrition – Fuel your body with well-balanced meals!
- Locomotor – Improve balance, strength and coordination with tasks like hopscotch, tiptoes, and army crawls.
- Boot Camp – How many can you do? Set your own goals with exercises such as burpees, pushups, squat jumps, sidekicks, sit-ups and high planks.
- Yoga Flow – This challenge include basic yoga poses that focus on strength, flexibility, and breathing.
- Cardio – This circuit includes plenty of jumping,dancing, and hopping. Try doing it to music!
- Flexibility – This challenge will include tasks like butterfly stretches and toe touches.
- Muscular Strength – Increase strength with push-ups, lunges, squats, and more.
- Bee Fit – An overall mix of strength, movement, hydration, and kindness to bring it all together.
How to use Healthy Habit Trackers
Healthy Habit Trackers are simple reminders designed to motivate. The more tasks one completes, the more fantastic the tracking sheet looks! Because they are digital printables, each family member can choose their own challenge to complete, or they can be mixed and matched. Whether the kids choose the same challenge and encourage one another, or compete against each other, it is a win either way!
The challenges are designed to be complete in as little as 5 minutes, although more can always be done. Use them for P.E., sports training, and even as brain breaks when you’ve got to get the wiggles out! The trackers can be very motivating for a list-checker like myself! The low price of $9.95 is absolutely worth forming healthy habits!
Several families of the Review Crew used the Healthy Habit Trackers. Click the banner below to see how their families worked on new habits.