My first year as a reviewer for The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew has been fantastic! The opportunity to try new so many new products that I might have never known about and then share my findings to you has been a rewarding experience. Every year, Crew members get to vote on their favorites. Check out all the winners of the 2019 Blue Ribbon Awards voted on by people just like myself, who actually used the products for several weeks, then took the time to tell us all about it!
I have a heart for wanting to help moms of tweens and teens to keep going in their homeschool journey. The Review Crew has been instrumental in making that possible by getting products specifically for that age in my hands, so I can in turn possibly help others. The majority of the products I reviewed, twenty to be exact, are for middle school age and up. Check out my complete round up of reviews, and my personal top ten favorites!
Some of my reviews contain affiliate links. That means it cost no extra to you if you purchase, and it’s a way to support my blog.
My Top Ten Favorites
- SchoolhouseTeachers.com – TOP PICK! If you really want to get the biggest bang for your buck and have ALL, and I mean ALL of your homeschool resources in one place, I encourage you to take a look at SchoolhouseTeachers.com. There are courses for ALL grade levels, from preschool to high school including electives, videos, recordkeeping, and so much more! To purchase a membership for your entire family, click here for the current subscription price!
- Drive Thru History® “Acts to Revelation” – TOP PICK! The Drive-Thru series never disappoints! I can’t say enough about these DVD’s. If you’re looking to learn more about Bible history, you need this set!
- Tied 2 Teaching STEM Activities – TOP PICK! If you’re looking for some fun STEM activities to add into your school day, this one has you covered. With over 60 challenges, there’s something for a wide span of ages!
- IEW Fix It! Grammar – TOP PICK! Looking for a practical way to cover grammar, vocabulary, and handwriting in a practical way? This curriculum does just that.
- Heroes of History – Orville Wright – TOP PICK! YWAM Publishing has been a favorite for several years in our homeschool. Not only did we read all about Orville Wright, we were able to take a vacation to where it all took place!
- Transcripts Made Easy – TOP PICK! I learned that preparing transcripts isn’t the daunting task I thought it was with this handy guide!
- Lightning Literature – TOP PICK! A well-rounded curriculum that exposes students to different types of literature, and various types of complimenting writing activities.
- CTCMath – TOP PICK! Anything that will make my daughter like math – even a little bit, gets my vote!
- Fun Family Chess – TOP PICK! “Earth’s most dandy & delightful, refreshingly refined, easy-peasy way to learn CHESS!” Fun Family Chess has become a family favorite in our house.
- Creating A Masterpiece – TOP PICK! Anyone can be an artist with this online art program. I personally loved this one for myself!
- Victus Study Skills System – This is a great back-to-school or mid-year study skills boot camp!
- Stopmotion Explosion. Something brand new and enjoyed by our family: Animation! I was impressed with the ease of use, and endless possibilities for creativity! The animation kit makes a fun gift for the upcoming holidays!
- Study.com. A terrific tool used for test prep and earning college credit!
- The Critical Thinking Co. Middle School Math Games. I’m all about making math more fun! This is a great book of games to reinforce middle school math skills!
- Supercharged Science. Coverage of all things science all online!
- Life With Dog Movie. Yes, we even got to review a movie! A wholesome film about forgiveness and moving forward.
- Easy Grammar Plus. To the point and distraction free grammar curriculum. I am currently using this with my 8th grader.
- Brain Blox Wooden Building Planks. I love things that promote creativity, and with these planks, the possibilities are endless!
- God’s Mail. A good idea, but didn’t do it for me. I’ll keep getting God’s Mail from my Bible.
- Mathletics. I did not write a review because this one required a survey instead. Sharpen math skills through online games.
A big thanks goes to the vendors and the Review Crew for allowing our family to review these wonderful products! My goal is to serve my homeschooling community, so many thanks for making that happen! I’m already looking forward to next year! Check out the favorites from other members of the crew on the banner below!